title: The Mikado
artist: Gilbert & Sulliva
- Act 1:If you want to know who we are.
- Gentlemen, I pray you tell me where a gentle maden dwelleth.
- A wand'ring minstrel I.
- Our great Mikado, virtuous man.
- Young man, despair, Likewise go Yum Yum the fair.
- And I have journey'd for a month.
- Behold the Lord High Executioner!
- As someday it may happen that a victim must be found.
- Comes a train of little ladies.
- Three little maids from school are we.
- So please you, Sir, we much regret.
- Were you not to Ko Ko plighted I would stay in tender tone.
- I am so proud, If I allowed my family pride to be my guide.
- With aspect stern and gloomy stride.
- The threatn'd cloud has pass'd away.
- Your revels cease! Assist me, all of you!
- Oh fool, that fleeest My hallow'd joys!
- For he's going to marry Yum Yum.
- The hour of gladness is dead and gone.
- Ye torrents roar! Ye tempests howl!